Features and Benefits
Key Features and Benefits of the Zurich Solutions and Solutions Plus Policy
- No Admin Fees
- No extra cost for paying by Direct Debit
- Protected NCD if you are hit by an uninsured driver
- 24 hour UK Roadside Assistance and Recovery
- Free foreign use cover up to 60 days abroad per trip to Europe
- Guaranteed courtesy car if using approved repairers (see below for full details)
- 7 day courtesy car if your car is stolen (see below for full details)
- Legal expenses - recovery of out of pocket expenses and drivers legal protection up to £100,000
- Personal Accident cover up to £10,000
- Liability cover is included for you or your spouse (provided that they are named on your Certificate of Motor Insurance) for use of your car for the official business of a government department
- Free legal advice via a 24 hour hotline
- Claims helpline 24 hours a day - 365 days a year
There is a 24 hour Helpline available to policyholders. The number is shown in the policy booklet.
A recommended repairer is available with immediate repair authority from the inurer's network of garages across the country. (Subject to current workloads and replacement parts)
There is also a prompt windscreen/glass replacement service.
Guaranteed Courtesy Car
Zurich will provide Policy cover in the United Kingdom for:
• a car we give you temporarily after an accident; or
• a car your motor trader gives you, up to 1300cc, while
your car is in a garage for service or repair.
A courtesy car will be provided to you while damage to
your own vehicle is being repaired by one of our approved
repairers following an accident or theft.
Courtesy cars are Group A vehicles (e.g. small hatchback) generally with a
manual gearbox and are available only in the UK.
If your car is subsequently deemed to be a total loss by a
Zurich motor engineer, you may retain the courtesy car
for 4 days. Hire beyond this period is available at a
preferential daily rate.
If you have comprehensive or third party, fire and theft
cover and your car is stolen and not recovered, we will
arrange for you to have a courtesy car for a total of 7
days after the incident.
YOUR EXCESSES EXPLAINED
Accidental damage excesses
• All claims £100*
• An additional deduction will apply as below when the car is being
driven by a driver who is:
– Aged 16 to 20 £350
– Aged 21 to 24 £250
– Aged 25 or over and either holds a provisional licence
or has held a full licence for less than one year £150
* This amount may vary:
• due to specific deductions for type of car
• where a higher voluntary deduction has been selected.
Fire, theft and attempted theft excesses
No deduction applies if loss or damage occurs in your garage,
for all other claims £100
• Replaced (using approved repairer or where approved repairer
is unavailable) £60
• Replaced (not using approved repairer when this is available) £100
The maximum we will pay for any one claim after the £100
deduction is £150.
• Repaired (any repairer) Nil