Make a Claim
In the first instance, make sure you have your policy number available, and call the dedicated Claims Team on 0845 077 5585. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
For emergency assistance outside these times, please call the 24hr Emergency Assistance Helpline on 0800 092 3131.
Details of Contents Claims can often be given over the telephone, but occasionally you may be asked to complete a claim form and give some further information.
When making a claim, you may need to supply any of the following:
- Original documents such as receipts, invoices, instruction booklets or anything else that can confirm the make, model or cost of the item you are claiming for.
- The date you bought the lost/damaged item(s).
- Written confirmation by a qualified electrician that electrical items are beyond repair.
- Damaged items retained for inspection.
- If you have been burgled or had items stolen, you should notify the police immediately and give us the Crime Reference Number.
The Civil Service Insurance Society is a "Not for Profit" organisation which donates all surplus funds to Civil and Public Service Charities. If you have any doubts regarding your eligibility, please do not hesitate to contact us.
RSA knows from experience there are some people who purchase insurance to deliberately try to defraud Insurance Companies.
The customer may do this in several ways :- by making false claims, not telling the truth about their claims history, or the value of their home and their possessions, or withholding important information, or making false statements.
Unfortunately the fraudulent actions of a minority means insurance becomes more expensive for everyone.
However we wish to reassure you that RSA check all new insurance claims for fraud against the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE) which has the details of most of the historical home and car insurance claims paid in the UK and is operated by Insurance Database Services Ltd.
If RSA suspects that someone has deliberately given false information or they find any material fact has been withheld they will investigate and take appropriate action. In many cases the policy will be voided and no cover provided in the event of a loss.
By taking this action it helps us to keep
our prices low and our home insurance fair for everyone.
NO ADMINISTRATION FEES FOR:
- New Policies
- Mid-term alterations to policies
- Paying by Direct Debit
- HIGH LEVELS OF COVER AT DISCOUNTED RATES