Why insure with CSIS?
- Special discounts on Home and Motor insurance for all serving and retired Civil and Public Servants and their partners
- High quality insurance policies for your peace of mind
- Our UK based friendly team ready to take your call and look after you
- Someone on your side if things go wrong with your claim
- We aim to help get you a better deal
Providing benefits and discounts for all Civil and Public Servants and their partners since 1890.
The Civil Service Insurance Society was founded in 1890 to enable civil servants to purchase life insurance at advantageous terms, so providing valuable protection for their widows and orphans.
To this day we continue the ethos of helping civil and public servants and their families benefit from great value insurance policies at specially negotiated rates.
We have been able to negotiate such favourable rates with insurance companies by restricting our membership to just Civil and Public Service staff and their families, although this criterion has been slightly widened in recent years to include the National Health Service, Teachers, Local Authorities, the Armed Forces, Government Agencies or privatised bodies which were formerly part of the Civil Service, such as BT and Royal Mail.
All our profit is donated to worthy causes via the CSIS Charity Fund.
See "About Us" for more info